The library accepts and appreciates donations to our collections. Examples of accepted items include journals, books, and historical health sciences artifacts. For questions about donations, please reach out to our Reference Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-271-2285.
- When offering a journal donation, please provide a list with the title(s), years, and volume/issue numbers
- When offering a book donation, please provide a list with the titles, authors, publication years, and edition numbers
- Per IRS regulation, the library is unable to offer appraisals of donations for tax purposes. Upon request, we are happy to supply a letter of acknowledgment.
- Donated items become the property of the Robert M. Bird Library and the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. If donated items are not incorporated into our collections, they may be sold, recycled, or gifted to another institution.
- Please ensure materials are in good condition; for the health of our collection, please do not include items with mold or mildew.
Thank you for considering the Bird Library!